QUALIFICATIONS FOR CANDIDATURE
To be able to stand at a community/town council election in Wales you must be 18 years of age or over at
the date of nomination, be a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen, a citizen of any member state
of the European Union or a qualifying foreign citizen and meet at least one of the four qualifications below:
(i) be a local government elector of the community/town; or
(ii) have during the whole of the twelve months preceding the day on which you are nominated as a
candidate occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the community/town; or
(iii) your principle or only place of work in the twelve months preceding the day on which you are
nominated as a candidate has been in the area of the community/town; or
(iv) have resided either in the community/town or within 4.8 kilometres thereof during the whole of the
twelve months preceding the day on which you are nominated as a candidate.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT
- An Election is to be held for TWO Town Councillors for the CASTLE WARD OF HAVERFORDWEST
- Forms of nomination paper may be obtained from the ELECTORAL SERVICES OFFICE, UNIT 23,
THORNTON INDUSTRIAL TRADING ESTATE, MILFORD HAVEN, SA73 2RR.
- Nomination papers should either be delivered by hand to the RETURNING OFFICER, ELECTORAL
SERVICES OFFICE, UNIT 23, THORNTON INDUSTRIAL TRADING ESTATE, MILFORD HAVEN,
SA73 2RR between the hours of 10.00am and 4.00pm on any working day after the date of this Notice,
but no later than 4.00pm on FRIDAY 21st JULY 2023 (appointments must be made to deliver nomination
papers in person. Appointments can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) or
nomination papers may be submitted electronically by scanning the nomination papers and emailing to
- If the Election is contested, the poll will take place on the 17th day of AUGUST 2023.
- Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on
TUESDAY 1st AUGUST 2023. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
- Alterations to existing arrangements for postal voting by electors or their proxies who already have an
indefinite or fixed period postal vote, or new postal vote applications, must reach the ELECTORAL
REGISTRATION OFFICER, UNIT 23, THORNTON INDUSTRIAL TRADING ESTATE, MILFORD
HAVEN, SA73 2RR, by no later than 5.00pm on WEDNESDAY 2nd AUGUST 2023.
- Applications to vote by proxy must reach the ELECTORAL REGISTRATION OFFICER by no later than
5.00pm on WEDNESDAY 9th AUGUST 2023.
County Hall, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA61 1TP
(Tel No: 01437 775714/5)
Dated this 13th day of July 2023
by the Returning Officer, County Hall, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire