Section 116 Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011
Castle Ward x 2
Garth Ward x 1
Priory Ward x 1
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that FOUR VACANCIES has occurred for the office of Councillor for the above-mentioned wards, and Haverfordwest Town Council intends to co-opt.
Expressions of interest are being sought from members of the public who are interested in representing their community and who meet the following qualifications:
That is qualified by virtue of being a British or Commonwealth Citizen or Citizen of the Republic of Ireland, who has attained the age of 18 years and is:
- Registered as a local government elector for the community; or who has been
- During the whole of the twelve months preceding the appointment occupied as owner or tenant of the land or other premises in the community; or his/her
- Principal or only place of work during those twelve months has been in the community; or has;
- During those twelve months resided in the community or within 4.8 kilometres of it;
- And is not disqualified from holding office by reason of any disqualification set out in section 80 of the Local Government Act 1972, or any decision made under section 79 of the Local Government Act 2000. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that they are qualified to stand.
Interested parties are invited to write to the undersigned within fourteen days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays) of the date of this Notice, outlining why they wish to be considered for co-option, with a copy of their CV.
For further information regarding this notice, please contact the Town Clerk on 01437 763771 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Signed J Raymond
Clerk to Haverfordwest Town Council
Old Wool Market
Pembrokeshire SA61 1BG
Dated 17 December 2021
Expires on 12 January 2022